Dynamic Views for the Focus Point of Linear Functions Graphs and
$f(x)= mx + b$
- Click on the arrow button in the figure to start the
- The button will change to a "pause" button, which can be used
to halt the animation.
Notice how the point on the graph is paired with the points and
arrow on the mapping diagram.
- Move the slider to change the value of $m$ or $b$.
- Check the box to see a second point and the related arrow on
the mapping diagram and triangle on the graph that illustrates
the "slope" of the line and the rate of change on the mapping
- Check the box to see the focus point (when $m \ne 1$) and two
lines from the point showing the relation to the mapping
- Select the point $x$ in the mapping diagram to move the point
by mouse or use the scroll up or down key to move by
increments of 1.
Martin Flashman, Sept 24, 2013,
Created with GeoGebra