Dynamic Views for solving an equation $f(x) = mx+b = c$ on Graphs
and Mapping Diagrams
- Notice how the point on the graph is paired with the points
and arrow on the mapping diagram.
- Move the slider to change the value of $m$ or $b$.
- Move the slider or enter a number in the box for the value of
$c$ in the equation.
- Check the box to see the focus point (when $m \ne 1$) and two
lines from the point showing the relation to the mapping
- Check the box to see the solution of the equation visualized
on the graph and the mapping diagram.
- Select the point $x$ in the mapping diagram to move the point
by mouse to verify the solution.
Martin Flashman, Oct.21, 2013,
Created with GeoGebra