Math 115 Lab #6
M. Flashman Fall '07
I. Graphs of Trig Functions
- Comparisons (demo)
-Amplitude and period
II. Problems finding amplitude and period
- Tools for Winplot used in this lab:
- Equation menu
- Animation menu
- Families on Inventory.
- View ... grid.... pi on scales
I.Graphs of Trig Functions- Comparisons (demo)
II. Record your answers for the next work and submit them on Moodle by Wednesday, October 3rd.
- The graphs of sine and cosine:
- Use implicit to graph the equation xx + yy = 1
- Plot the point (cos(h), sin(h))
- use animation for h.
- use family for h.
- Plot the point (h, sin(h))
- Plot the point (h, cos(h))
- Plot graphs with explicit for
- y = sin(x)
- y = cos(x)
- use slider to find sin(pi/6) and cos(pi/6)
- Change scales on X axis to show "pi".
- Notice period for sine and cosine.
- Notice amplitude for sine and cosine.
* graph of sin(x) with graph of 2sin(x)
* graph of cos(x) with graph of -3cos(x)
* graph of sin(x) with graph of sin(2x)
* graph of cos(x) with graph of cos(1/6 x)
For each of the following functions, use winplot to explore a) it's amplitude and b) it's period.
1. f (x) = 2 sin( 3x)
2. p (x) = 5 sin( 1/2 x)
3. h (x) = 4 sin( 2x)
4. g (x) = 1/2 sin( pi x)
End of Lab 6