Wednesday February 19
Discuss Again Assignments, Projects, Portfolios.
Link from last class fixed:
Dissection of the
of the plane: Tessellations
- FAPP watch Video: Possible tiles and
- One Regular Convex Polygon.
- Two or more Regular Convex Polygons. Further discussion today.
- Other Polygon Tilings.
- Further explorations for portfolio or project
- Non polygonal tilings. Next week!
- One polygonal Tile: Quadrilateral Activity [ Last week.]
- Regular and Semiregular Tilings of the plane.
- A tiling is a regular tiling if
- (i) it has a single tile shape
that is a regular polygon and
- (ii) the vertices and edges of the tiles
coincide (no overlapping edges)
- A tiling is a semi-regular tiling if
- (i) each tile shape is a
- (ii) the vertices and edges of the tiles coincide (no
overlapping edges) and
- (iii) every vertex has the same polygon types
download! and demonstrate tesselations.
tilings (Math Forum)
- The numbers represent the number of sides in the polygons.
- The order indicates the order in which the polygons are arranged
about a vertex.
- Semiregular Tilings: global results!
Look at the results using wingeometry.
lesson (Math Forum) a place for further explorations on-line.